Allied Fence was selected to fabricate and install custom fencing and gates for a spectacular new modern home on West Paces Ferry Rd in Buckhead. Situated on a three-quarter acre site, just east of the Governor’s Mansion, this house was designed by a team headed by Jordan Williams of Plexus R + D Architecture.
Pulling into the driveway, guests are greeted by an automated 15 foot wide slide gate clad with Ipe, an incredibly strong and resilient Brazilian hardwood. The call box can activate the gate from inside the house or anywhere in the world.
In front of the house there is also Ipe. The horizontal 2 x 4 slats allow light to pass through, but offer enough of a screening to give privacy to the residents while relaxing in their two-story glass living room. Guests enter the foyer through an eight-foot wide pivot gate that weighs over 1,000 pounds, yet is engineered to be operated with one finger.
The front perimeter of the property has an Allience Eve aluminum fence that adds to the modern design, has no visible fasteners, keeps pets inside and meets pool code.
Allied Fence Vice President of Sales & Installation Kenny Gillam oversaw the project along with Todd Edlin, President,
This 6,000+ square foot home was featured in the 2019 Atlanta Modern Tour of Homes. According to Todd Edlin “The homeowners and the architects were fabulous to work with. Allied Fence was thrilled to partner with them on this very visible, truly unique and exciting project.”
Allied Fence is very proud to have designed and built a gorgeous custom horizontal cedar fence in Ormewood Park. The project included over 100 feet of 4′ tall spaced horizontal board fence to comply with the City of Atlanta code for front yard fencing. The project also included almost 100 feet of 6′ tall semi-private fence. Lastly, there is a very tasteful cantilever gate to span the driveway. Due to the varied terrain, the gate tail had to be carefully angled to accommodate the grade. The gate was engineered to give years of trouble-free service and the client can add an electric operator to it.
Allied Fence Co. is proud to have been asked to design, fabricate and install an ornamental aluminum fence at the home of one of Atlanta’s most successful and best-known businessmen. The fence is the first thing that visitors notice as they enter the lush 4+ acre compound. This fabulous new Buckhead home has already hosted several large galas and charity events including fundraisers for The Marcus Institute and the Georgia Aquarium.
The Smoltz job features:
– 5′ and 6′ Aero Avalon aluminum fencing along with 3 pairs of electronic gates.
– Aero Avalon ornamental aluminum fencing, a high quality low maintenance choice.
– 6′ Aero Avalon fencing around the garden and dog pen.
– Custom fabrication at our Cobb location of one of the three electronic gates and skilled installation by an Allied Fence crew.
– 14′ tall by 28′ wide custom aluminum double swing gate with electric operators
– 8′ tall by 5′ wide custom aluminum walk gate
– 8′ tall custom iron double swing gate for the dumpster
– 8′ tall by 24′ long aluminum cantilever slide gate with electric operator
– 850′ of 8′ tall custom iron fence with 1″ pickets and 8″ ovals
– 750′ of 3′ tall custom iron fence around the retention pond
– Over 300′ of black vinyl chain link fence with barbed wire
Fence designed by Mary Sauls of Schematics along with Mike Brooks from Allied Fence.
J M Williams Construction
Scope of work:
Over 2,300’ of 42” tall ornamental aluminum fence
A 44’ double cantilever gate
A 48’ ornamental double swing gate
Over 1,400 of 6’ tall black vinyl chain link fence with barb wire and black vinyl PVC privacy slats.
Interior fence for parts mezzanine.